Back Pentawards announces its International Jury and new president ahead of the 2019 awards edition
Pentawards announces its International Jury and new president ahead of the 2019 awards edition
A truly international jury, comprised of individuals of the highest calibre in packaging design, branding and marketing, colourfully represents the global spectrum of packaging. Year after year, this eclectic group is faced with the task of reaching a unanimous decision on which packaging designs will have true universal appeal and should be bestowed with the international Pentawards distinction.
2019 will see a change in Presidency for the International Pentawards Jury. After a three year tenure, the co-founder and first female President, Brigitte Evrard, will relinquish her duties and hand over the batton to Clem Halpin. Pentawards would like to express its sincere gratitude to Brigitte, for her never-ending passion, guidance and professionalism, during her time as President of the International Pentawards Jury. Clem Halpin, a ten-time Pentaward winner and Creative Director at Bulletproof, will be the third personality to put his stamp on the International Pentawards Jury, in its pursuit to uncover and recognise global excellence in packaging design.
Quote from Clem Halpin, President of the International Pentawards Jury – “I’m truly honoured to have been chosen for such a prestigious position on the Pentawards jury panel. Being passed the President’s baton by Brigitte, I’ll have big boots to fill, but with a new strategic direction for the Pentawards and a more diverse global jury panel than ever, it’s an exciting challenge that I couldn’t refuse.
The icing on the cake is of course the Pentawards ceremony being hosted in my hometown, London. What better place to showcase the best global packaging design for 2019 – arguably the capital of the design world.”
The International Jury will also see its number of members increase from twelve to fifteen, enabling further diversity in age, gender, cultural milieu and level of experience, across the panel. In total, the 2019 awards edition will welcome seven new jury members. Pentawards would like to express immense gratitude to Gérald Galdini (PARTISAN DU SENS), Laurent Hainaut (forceMAJEURE), Roy White (Subplot Design Inc.) and Sam O’Donahue (Established) for their commitment to their responsibilities as Pentawards Jury members, as they also step down from the International Pentawards Jury.
Pentawards will welcome Angelina Pischikova (Pearlfisher), Chen Lu (Xiao Mi), Davide Mosconi (Auge Design), Denise Siebert (Kellogg’s), François Takounseun (PARTISAN DU SENS),Matthieu Aquino (PepsiCo), Ryuta Ishikawa (Frame inc.) and Steve Honour (Diageo) as new members to the International Pentawards Jury in 2019.
The 2019 International Pentawards Jury
- Clem Halpin – Creative Director at Bulletproof & President of the International Pentawards Jury, UK.
- Matthieu Aquino – Vice President of Global Beverage Design & Brand Experience at PepsiCo, USA.
- Steve Honour – Design & Visual Identity Leader, Innovationm Europe & Africa at Diageo, UK.
- Jose Antonio Rojano Lopez – Head of Packaging Communications at El Corte Inglés, Spain.
- Denise Siebert – Vice President of Design at Kellogg’s, USA.
- Mark Van Iterson – Director Global Heineken Design at Heineken, Netherlands.
- Patrick De Grande – Founder & Creative Farmer at Quatre Mains, Belgium.
- FrançoisTakounseun – Co-Founder & Global Design Director at Partisan du Sens, France.
- Angelina Pischikova – Pearlfisher, Belarus.
- Yoji Minakuchi – Head of Design Department at Suntory, Japan.
- Mark Budden – Managing Director at Design Bridge Asia, Singapore.
- Chen Lu – Design Director at Xiao Mi, China.
- Davide Mosconi – Creative Partner at Auge Design, Italy.
- Carolina Alzate – CEO at Open Lab, Colombia.
- Ryuta Ishikawa – Founder & Creative Director at Frame inc., Japan
The 2019 awards will be open for entries from the 25th February – 12th April 2019.